Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Six Puppies, Four Wranglers and a Bottle of Bubbles

As some of you may know my other passion, (besides my dogs), is photography. In December I was hired by a fellow dog club member to photograph her litter of Nova Scotia Duck Toller Retriever's.  What a blast we had. There were 4 people to "Wrangle" the puppies, which basically means keep them on the table!  We started out by putting the puppies in the wicker hamper.  Did you know a basket of puppies can be like a can of worms?  No sooner were all the puppies in the basket, I gave the word to release the wranglers, and those puppies were out of the basket, often giving me only 1 shot where they were all looking in my general direction.  Was a ton of fun.


After playing with the basket and group photos we moved on to individuals. Much easier and we only needed two wranglers.  As is true with any litter of purebred dogs the puppies all tend to look alike. There are some distinguishing markings but they can be hard to pick out in a photo. My solution to that was to use a different prop for each puppy.


This fellow was so comfortable in the basket we just left him there.










This one took a moment to smell the flowers.













                                             Can you say "Pretty Girl"



                          

                                






Yes I can look at the camera!












You don't smell like a Toller?



                    

                              


And finally the ring leader of the litter.
This little girl was one active puppy.


Santa Who?








Ahhhhh Puppy's who doesn't like them?
Check out all the photos at my web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, try to be positive and polite.