Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Walk'n The Dog

This video was from the First Annual Island K9 Freestyle/Dressage Competition way back in 2008.  Zoe and I were a little bit out of sorts for this competition.  We had submitted 2 copies of our music as per the competition rules.  Unfortunately as I was involved in helping to organize this function I didn't take the time to do a sound check. This came back to bite us in the proverbial butt!  After standing in the ring for what seemed like forever and not getting either of my CD's to work I finally had to run out of the ring, downstairs, dig through my training bag and find my practice CD. I'm thankful I actually had the foresight to leave it in my bag.  While I was downstairs madly tossing my bags contents, Zoe was being held by one of our club members at the top of the stairs.  I could hear her yakking up a storm because I had left her behind.  We got back into the ring, did a few laps to calm ourselves and launched into our dressage routine.  Lucky for us this was our Level 1 routine which required Zoe to only maintain the heel position no matter what.  We succeeded and passed but what a production!!  
Lesson Learned
Always do the sound check no matter how busy you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, try to be positive and polite.