Saturday, February 12, 2011

DIY Platforms


 So I just received my Michele Pouliot "Step Up to Platform Training" DVD. I rushed right out, purchased 2 packages of those foam puzzle piece exercise mats, matching duct tape and made 4 platforms. Now I can train any position I like, dog in Front facing me, dog in Front facing away, dog in heel facing forward and backward, dog on the right facing forward and backward and dog behind me etc.


Zoe was first up, I was sitting in a chair with the treats beside me on a TV table, camera in my lap and facing the mat. You can see Sassy girl waiting her turn on the couch.


 

Zoe progressed very quickly from 2 feet on to 4 feet on to 4 feet on facing me straight on. Don't know why she was so quick to pick this up. Usually she's the one that takes 2 or 3 sessions to be comfortable. Good Girl!  Exercise done.

 


Sassy on the other hand was sooooo excited to have her turn she was offering everything from spins, to sits, to downs.


  


She even went so far as to offer all of the above with her head turned away from me.She finally slowed down long enough for me to click all 4 feet on and standing on the platform.
  


This is the look I got, as if to say:  "Well why didn't you say that in the first place!" LOL funny girl.

Stay tuned for our next installment of platform training.  Here's the LINK to Michele's site if you want to order your own DVD.




Good Girls!
Exercise Done

2 comments:

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Aerobic Step Platform Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your platforms! Can you give a few more details on how you made them? They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, try to be positive and polite.