Friday, February 25, 2011

Platform Day 3 a different picture

 So this training session, I changed the picture just a little bit. Instead of me sitting in a chair I stood about a foot away from the platform. I clicked for all 4 feet and facing me and also added the word to the action.  With obedience dogs Front means sit in front of me. I want to maintain the stand so I have to change the name to something else. I am calling this "Face".
 After marking the correct stand on the platform and using the new word Face I introduced the second platform to Zoe's left.
 Zoe had no problem with the new word and moving back and forth between the two platforms.

Good Girl! Exercise done.
 Sassy Girl on the other hand was not totally comfortable with the new picture. She gave me a stand but couldn't possible move between the platforms. So we backed it up a bit.

Apparently we had to go all the way back. Sassy is a little more sensitive to her surroundings than Zoe. So first we clicked getting on the platform, then the stand on the platform and finally I was able to introduce the new word for the action.
Next session for Sassy Girl I will attempt to introduce the second platform again.
Good Girl for reminding me she is NOT Zoe!
Exercise done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, try to be positive and polite.