Saturday, January 23, 2010

Grooming Day


Look she has EYES!
Yesterday was grooming day at our house.  Now I am by no means a professional groomer and I mean no disrespect to all you groomers out there but when the chips are down and I need to save money then I'm going to groom these 2 my self.  I guess what it boils down to is if I can do a passable job and then have money to spend on training classes that just what I'm going to do.
 


By the end of the day Sassy Girl was very tired. As she was laying on the set I asked if she was tired and was rewarded with an eye rub. This is a trick that Sassy learned early on in her clicker training. I started by putting a paper clip in her eye brow, when she batted at it I clicked.  Only took a couple of goes for her to figure out it was the paw movement I was shaping not the eye brow.  After making double sure she knew what I was clicking I removed the paperclip, the first time she offered the eye rub I clicked.  Re-inforcing this I was eventually able to put the cue "Tired" to the action and now we get an eye rub every time.
Good Girl, Exercise Finished

2 comments:

  1. I guess for a bald dog I could use one of those little "sign here" post it type notes? Good idea :) Might have to add that to Chianti's tricks! Thanks Ar - and the dogs look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a post it would work great.
    You'll have to let us know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, try to be positive and polite.