Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sassy and her Flowers



Yesterday I was trying out a new lighting scheme in my home studio.  Both of my dogs are very used to having their pictures taken.  However, yesterday I tried something totally different.  I put the grooming mat I use on my dining room table.  Both dogs went out the doggy door and only came back with the promise of cheese.

Turns out they know exactly what happens on that mat and no matter what table it's on they are NOT going to willingly get on it.  I was a little surprised, though by now you would think I know these dogs can generalize.

Ultimately I was looking for a portrait of Sassy sniffing the flower. So I scooped her up put her on the table/mat and she immediately went down and wasn't going to get up.  Out comes the clicker, I offer the flower, she looks at me as if to say "that doesn't belong here".  A few clicks later, just for sitting then for tentatively offering a nose touch I was finally able to grab this shot.

No delicate little sniff but she did comply with a vigorous nose touch.


So next lesson, the grooming mat can be anywhere and doesn't necessarily mean grooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, try to be positive and polite.